NYS Library Now Providing Remote Service
The New York State Library is providing remote services while the building remains closed to the public, due to ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19.
Services available remotely include:
- Research Library
- Reference librarians are now taking requests via the telephone at 518-474-5355. The Reference Desk telephone is staffed Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- You can also send an email to email@example.com.
- Manuscripts and Special Collections
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Now accepting ILL request from libraries via oclc, docline and the NYSL online lending forms.
- Talking Book and Braille Library (TBBL): The TBBL customer service (800-342-3688) is now open with limited hours and is taking new requests.
- As of January 1, 2021, customer service hours will be Monday-Friday 9:30 am -12 pm and 1-3:30 pm.
- You can also e-mail TBBL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email remains the best way to contact staff in most areas to make a request or ask a question.
The Library will be waiving late fees and extending materials' due dates during the time we are closed.
Plan for Reopening and Restoring Research Library Services
- NOVELNY databases are freely available to all New Yorkers and provide access to newspaper and journal articles and reference resources, including Encyclopedia Britannica and resources for K-12.
- Many items, including State documents and some historical materials, are available online via our Digital Collections.
Division of Library Development
- Library Development staff are able to work from home and your Regional Liaison is available to you via email. LD Staff email addresses are posted on the LD website under About Us.
- Reach out to your Regional Liaison or the appropriate Program Manager by email if you have questions. As always, LD Staff will try their best to respond promptly to your questions.
March 31, 2021