For Your Health and Safety
Beginning January 12, 2022, the NYS Library, Museum, and Archives (located within the Cultural Education Center) will require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within the past 48 hours for all visitors ages five and older. Upon arrival to the Cultural Education Center, visitors must submit proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test as follows:
PROOF OF VACCINATION
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 when at least two weeks have passed after receiving either the second dose in a two-dose series (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen).
Proof of vaccination may include:
- Excelsior Pass
- Excelsior Pass Plus
- SMART Health Cards issued outside of New York State
- Full-course vaccination through NYC COVID Safe app
- A CDC Vaccination Card, or
- Other official immunization records.
Those who received the vaccine outside the United States must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the FDA or WHO are acceptable).
PROOF OF NEGATIVE COVID TEST
When presenting proof of a negative COVID Test within the past 48 hours:
- Results can be a printed copy or on a phone (e.g., digital health record or email or text message from a test provider or laboratory).
- Personal identification with a name and photo or date of birth is required for visitors ages 18 and older and must match the information on the negative test result.
In addition, please be reminded that simple steps can help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus, including to:
- Wear a mask that fits securely over the nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For an official statement from the New York State Education Department regarding these new safety rules, please review the press release issued January 10, 2022, Cultural Education Center to Require Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test for All Visitors.